David Collins Studio enjoys a vibrant team environment, encouraging contributions from all to realise the outstanding projects and service that we deliver to our enviable international client base.
The Studio offers a competitive benefits package including birthday leave in addition to 24 days holiday, £250 annual personal development fund for individual non vocational creative pursuits and a discretionary bonus.
If you would like to apply for a position, please forward your CV and portfolio to
email@example.com stating which position that you would like to apply for.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every enquiry.
David Collins Studio is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We are currently looking for an experienced and fully qualified Management Accountant to manage the day to day Finance function of the Studio. Ideally you will have worked with a creative environment and led a small team.
Overview of role
• Day to day financial management including purchase ledger, invoicing, credit control, payroll, tax accounts, treasury management, purchase ledger, VAT return, cash flow etc.
• Management Accounts – the lead contact to prepare timely management accounts. This will include WIP, Sector reports, Prepayments, Accruals as well as the narrative to promote commercial awareness across the business
• Auditing and overseeing all tax and regulatory/compliance issues.
• Leading on annual audit tasks and liaising with external auditors
• Financial reporting to the management team and senior designers
• Monitoring the performance of each department and sector
• Educating and involving all members of staff in delivering projects to budgets whilst championing commercial understanding amongst staff
• Analysis of financial performance across the business and quarterly board presentations.
To support and assist project teams across the organisation by contributing and participating at all stages of a project from concept creation through to completion.
Candidates should have proven experience and a natural creative ability gained through study/work placements with a good technical understanding of all aspects of architectural design, interior and furniture design.
Responsibilities include assisting senior designers in the development and preparation of scheme designs, use of Auto CAD to assist with drawing production and attending final sites with senior designer(s) to assist with any FF&E or styling requirements.
This is a supporting role and as a key member of the residential team good communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn and participate in discussion is essential.
Here at David Collins we encourage applicants from any academic design background (Furniture Design, Spatial Design, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Products Design) to apply to our paid six month internship programme.
The scheme enables graduates to develop their knowledge of the design industry while actively contributing to the Studio.
All applicants should be AutoCAD proficient, be proactive, willing to learn and have a can-do attitude (In Design and Photoshop is an added benefit).
We also welcome applications from graduates with other backgrounds who are interested in undertaking an internship to support our design administration team.