David Collins Studio is a place where talented individuals can express their creativity within a stimulating and inspirational environment within a professional framework.
If you are interested in joining David Collins Studio, please send us your CV and portfolio (PDF format), together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at David Collins Studio.
Please scroll across to view current vacancies.
David Collins Studio do not acknowledge or reply to unsuccessful applications.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resource (HR) Manager to join The Studio. As a successful HR Manager applicant you must be able to demonstrate previous HR experience at a similar HR Manager; HR Business Partner; HR Advisor level, ideally within the creative industry. You will be required to have an excellent knowledge of UK employment law and ACAS codes of practice coupled with commercial application. This is a new role in David Collins Studio so you must be confident acting as the sole HR function for a busy, successful company.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
*providing full and comprehensive generalist HR advice to managers
*reviewing current HR policy and devising a dynamic, relevant handbook
*coordinating and leading HR training workshops
*monitoring and managing performance across the company
*managing all employee relations
*overseeing the recruitment and selection process
*maintaining all HR systems
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced company in a varied and pro-active role which covers all areas of HR. Please note this role is being offered on a part time basis.*
Advised 30 hours (4 days) per week.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position please go to: https://davidcollins.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=2
Or email your CV direct to email@example.com
To lead and develop projects and to inspire project teams to ensure that an initial concept is developed and successfully delivered through to the final stages on time and on budget.
Ideal candidates will have 6 to 10 years of working in interior design preferably on bespoke projects with a good understanding of current trends and experience of working in residential or hotel interior sectors.
Managing the team and being the main client contact; good communication and people management skills are essential as well as an excellent understanding of architectural design, materials and product design.
Responsibilities include: developing and preparing scheme designs, liaising with contractors, subcontractors, local authorities and all other relevant personnel, generating and contributing to new business.
It is key that you are confident, proactive and dedicated to maintaining the high standards of the David Collins Studio.
To support and assist project teams across the organisation by contributing and participating at all stages of a project from concept creation through to completion.
Candidates should have proven experience and a natural creative ability gained through study/work placements with a good technical understanding of all aspects of architectural design, interior and furniture design.
Responsibilities include assisting senior designers in the development and preparation of scheme designs, use of Auto CAD to assist with drawing production and attending final sites with senior designer(s) to assist with any FF&E or styling requirements.
This is a supporting role and as a key member of the residential team good communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn and participate in discussion is essential.
A high profile luxury Architectural Interior Design studio of 50 employees in Fulham, delivering world class projects across the retail, entertainment, F&B hotel and residential sectors, is seeking an experienced Office Manager to join their well-established organisation. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and have a solution led approach to IT, Office and Facilities Management. This role needs to ensure the delivery of consistent high service levels across the company, effective budgeting and process lead management to ensure a smooth running of David Collins Studio. This role would be well placed with someone who has experience working in similar role and appreciates the values of a luxury brand.
Key responsibilities for the role:
• Assist in the management of any internal moves and relocations including preparation for new starters.
• Oversee all new IT implementations with external IT consultant including requirements for new starters
• Ensure that Company meets statutory and regulatory requirements including Health & safety
• Oversee admin team in the management of the database ensuring all contacts are kept up to date
• Chair and review regular team review meetings
• Attend regular internal meetings, distribute agenda in advance and follow up with meeting notes and minutes.
• Oversee back up and IT related archive issues, in conjunction with external IT consultant
• Plan and manage IT requirements including budgets
• Smooth running of a design lead office including all heating, repairs, equipment to provide a high standard of workspace environment
• Insurance – managing renewals, liaising with brokers,
• Security – maintaining set up agreed with insurers, etc.
• Equipment set up / maintenance – including supplier negotiation.
• Overseeing Studio administrator/receptionists and housekeeper to ensure that all filing, admin, cleaning etc. is completed to a high standard.
• Liaise with Accounts Department to manage overhead costs
• General office maintenance and improvements
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent
• Previous experience within a luxury brand
• Experience of working autonomously in a multi-faceted role
• Understanding of Processes and Procedures across organisations particularly with regards to facilities management
Apply for this job and submit a copy of your CV here.
We look forward to receiving your application.
No Agencies Please
Here at David Collins we encourage applicants from any academic design background (Furniture Design, Spatial Design, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Products Design) to apply to our paid six month internship programme.
The scheme enables graduates to develop their knowledge of the design industry while actively contributing to the Studio.
All applicants should be AutoCAD proficient, be proactive, willing to learn and have a can-do attitude (In Design and Photoshop is an added benefit).
We also welcome applications from graduates with other backgrounds who are interested in undertaking an internship to support our design administration team.