David Collins Studio enjoys a vibrant team environment, encouraging contributions from all to realise the outstanding projects and service that we deliver to our enviable international client base.
The Studio offers a competitive benefits package including birthday leave in addition to 24 days holiday, £250 annual personal development fund for individual non vocational creative pursuits and a discretionary bonus.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Head Of Business Development
- Designers across all levels
- Business support roles
If you would like to apply for a position, please forward your CV and portfolio to
firstname.lastname@example.org stating which position that you would like to apply for.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every enquiry.
David Collins Studio is an Equal Opportunities employer.
David Collins Studio is looking for a Head of Business Development to join our management team.
Building upon our established and enviable client list, your skills in networking and forging relationships will develop new leads and broaden our global client base. You will attend industry events and have your finger on the pulse of the design world.
You will own the BD process and advise the Leadership Team of new avenues and potential growth areas for the studio.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to shape the future of the studio.
If you have experience of a similar role within an architectural or interiors studio, please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are currently looking for a Project Designer for our commercial team to work on hospitality and retail projects.
You will assist in the development of projects and inspire your team to ensure that an initial concept is developed and successfully delivered through to the final stages on time and on budget.
Ideal candidates will have solid experience of working in luxury interior design with a good understanding of current trends in hospitality and retail interior sectors.
Managing your team on a day to day basis and being the main client contact; good communication and people management skills are essential as well as an excellent understanding of architectural design, materials and product design.
Responsibilities include: developing and preparing scheme designs, liaising with contractors and clients, generating and contributing to new business.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED MID LEVEL DESIGNERS FOR OUR COMMERCIAL TEAM TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE ONGOING SUCCESS OF OUR GLOBAL HOSPITALITY PROJECTS.
AS A CREATIVE THINKER, YOU WILL ASSIST THE PROJECT LEADER WITH THE DAY TO DAY DELIVERY OF THE PROJECT, EXPLORING CONCEPTS AND DETAILING.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE SOLID EXPERIENCE OF WORKING IN LUXURY INTERIOR DESIGN WITH AN UNDERSTANDING OF CURRENT TRENDS.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL POSSESS EXCELLENT AUTOCAD AND TECHNICAL SKILLS COUPLED WITH A STRONG TEAM ETHIC AND ENTHUSIASM TO LEARN.
We are currently looking for a Project Designer FF&E to cover a year’s maternity leave commencing in June 2017. If you have experience of managing an FF&E team working on luxury hospitality projects, please forward your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Day to day responsibilities:
· In conjunction with management, assist in the development of concepts that provide an original, appropriate and effective solution to the creative brief
· Create schemes in accordance with agreed concepts
· Assist the Senior FF&E Designer to create boards/layout plans in accordance with agreed concepts
Detail Design or Planning & Scoping
· Provide information and make suggestions on selection and availability of suitable FF&E as required.
· Work with designers to prepare and schedule all FF&E specifications and communicate all selections and specifications internally and externally (and cost, if required).
· Project manage the day to day development and preparation of scheme designs; with the project or senior designer, oversee the work flow and deliverables for mid-designers and below.
· Communicate effectively with key team members and clients on a regular basis
· Research and meet with new suppliers to ascertain suitability and advance DCS supplier base.
· Assist with the negotiation, co-ordination and liaison with suppliers to ensure that all specifications and deliveries are being met on time and on budget and to the best possible quality to meet DCS standards.
· Day to day liaison with procurement agents, contractors and sub-contractors and all other relevant personnel
· Day to day liaison with client, prepare and ensure monthly report on project progress
· Assist in the smooth running of the final project delivery and that all FF&E and styling requirements are delivered on brief and to a high and meticulous DCS standard.
· Ensure client relationship is maintained and developed
· Organise and implement professional photography.
· Strive to produce work of a consistently high standard that is recognised both internally and externally
· Delegate tasks and activities to team members (Mid Designers and below) effectively
· Provide feedback about performance on Mid Designer and below (both positive and developmental)
· Undertake recruitment activities where appropriate
You will have knowledge of the following:
· Managing a team
· Technical understanding of materials, products, furniture and lighting design.
· Good understanding of current trends in the design industry
· A thorough understanding of target markets
· Knowledge of suppliers
Here at David Collins we encourage applicants from any academic design background (Furniture Design, Spatial Design, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Products Design) to apply to our paid six month internship programme.
The scheme enables graduates to develop their knowledge of the design industry while actively contributing to the Studio.
All applicants should be AutoCAD proficient, be proactive, willing to learn and have a can-do attitude (In Design and Photoshop is an added benefit).
We also welcome applications from graduates with other backgrounds who are interested in undertaking an internship to support our design administration team.